Summer is coming! Are you excited about our new Monthly Macrame Challenge? This June we’re making a handy Macrame Market Bag for Beginners by Soulful Notions!
Affiliate links may be sprinkled throughout the awesome, free content below. I’ll receive a small commission when you purchase from my (Amazon) links (at no extra cost to you), which I’ll happily spend on more colorful macrame cords!
June Monthly Macrame Challenge
For our June Macrame Challenge, we’re making a gorgeous Reversible Macrame Market Bag that’s perfect for bringing to the beach or when you go shopping.
This pattern by talented teacher Chasta from Soulful Notions is great for beginners who are looking for a challenge and will teach you all the principles of making a Macrame bag. Make sure to subscribe to her channel so you’ll never miss out on any new free patterns!
Macrame Market Bag Tutorial
Are you excited to get started with this handy Macrame market bag? This bag can be used as a purse, market bag, crossbody bag, or beach bag. I can’t wait to see your beautiful designs!
How to slow down a YouTube video
If you want to slow down a YouTube video, you can do so by adjusting the Playback speed in the Settings Menu. Click the three dots (on mobile) or cogwheel (on desktop) and adjust the Playback speed to 0.75x to 0.25x to slow down the video.
To quickly move 10 seconds back or forth in a video, simply double-tap on the left or right of your phone screen.
Supplies needed for this challenge
- 5mm Braided Macrame cord by Bobbiny >> You can find local Bobbiny Cord Suppliers in this handy list!
- Handles 2 X 42in/105cm
- Body: 36 x 7ft/215cm
- Total cord length = 260ft/79.5meters
PLEASE NOTE: THIS BAG STRETCHES OUT SUBSTANTIALLY WHEN FILLED
You are free to slightly alter the pattern, change the size of the project, and can of course use your own favorite Macrame cords and colors.
How to join our May Monthly Macrame Challenge
- Join our Monthly Macrame Challenge Facebook Group and watch the tutorial provided in this blog post.
- Follow Macrame for Beginners on Instagram and subscribe to Macrame for Beginners on YouTube.
- Upload a photo of your gorgeous Macrame Market Bag in the Monthly Macrame Challenge Facebook Group with the hashtags #junemacramechallenge + #monthlymacramechallenge.
Get a Shout-Out on Instagram
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtag #monthlymacramechallenge and tag @macrameforbeginners for a shout-out. I can’t wait to see your beautiful creations!
More Macrame Bag Patterns
For more super cute Macrame bag patterns, you can check out the following posts on my blog!
- 8 Gorgeous DIY Macrame Bag Patterns by Soulful Notions
- 15 Easy DIY Macrame Bags, Purses, and Clutches for Beginners
- Easy DIY Macrame Bag Pattern for Beginners by Soulful Notions
About Macrame for Beginners
Welcome to my blog, macrameforbeginners.com, where I love teaching and inspiring you to create beautiful Macrame decorations.
We work with the best Macrame teachers!
Macrame for Beginners has teamed up with the best online Macrame teachers so we can provide you with FREE high-quality tutorials. Learn how to make everything you’ve always dreamed of and discover all 1000+ free patterns!
Watch my Latest YouTube Tutorial
This cute Macrame Plant Hanger is easy to make and only uses 3 easy knots. Subscribe to the Macrame for Beginners YouTube channel for more fun beginner tutorials!